Thursday 29 May 2014

A Pecha Kucha About Teaching


While this Pecha Kucha (PK) was produced on 12 September, 2012, for a Virtual TeachMeet, I believe that it's a true comments on the teaching profession.  Whether one might be working on the cutting edge in 21st century pedagogy or still back in the 20th century, many of the personal and professional developmental issues that arise are independent of technology. These issues confront every teacher and charting a course through the challenges they present can equip us with important life skills. 

My PK speaks back over 41 years. Making this was a valuable exercise for me forcing me to focus on a career that began in 1971. I consider I've successfully identified some of the important aspects of not merely surviving but growing, professionally, ethically and spiritually as a teacher. 





No comments:

Post a Comment